3 Tips to Make Your Surprise Proposal Go Smoothly
Lauren and Alejandra’s proposal is absolutely what dreams are made of! When Alejandra reached out to me about photographing her Tucson rooftop proposal I was SO excited to hear from her! Photographing a proposal has long been a dream of mine. I feel like this was the perfect proposal to start with. So I wanted to give you 3 tips to make your surprise proposal go smoothly.
- Plan ahead: Research the location for your proposal and consider the best time and place for it. Plan for potential distractions, such as crowds or weather conditions, and have a backup plan if needed. Alejandra chose this rooftop at Agustin Kitchen because it had a gorgeous view of the mountains and it was private!
- Hire a photographer: A professional photographer can capture the moments of your proposal and provide tips on planning. We got together multiple times before the proposal. This meant I could help plan the timing and flow of the event! This will help make sure that you and your partner are comfortable throughout the process.
- Keep it a secret! Let only a few trusted people know about your proposal so that the surprise factor remains intact. Alejandra didn’t tell the family until the week of the proposal to make sure no one spilled the beans!
And then these two tips are just bonus tips!
- Consider the lighting: When planning the time and location for your proposal, consider the lighting conditions. Soft, natural light an hour before sunset is ideal for photography. If you’re proposing at night, consider setting up candles or lanterns to create a romantic and intimate atmosphere.
- Set the scene: Think about the details that will make your proposal special, such as flowers, candles, or a special messages! Consider your partner’s personal style and preferences, and try to incorporate these into your proposal. Anything can be a good proposal location from your couch to the big screen at a sporting event depending on your partner’s likes and dislikes!
Were these 3 tips to make your surprise proposal go smoothly helpful? I would love to know if you’re in the planning stages!