14 At Home Date Ideas
These 14 at home date ideas are perfect for us because they just elevate activities we’re already doing liking watching tv or making dinner. A little intentionality can go a long way. I mean I used to hate valentines day. It just felt like a lot of corporate nonsense that wasn’t really a good fit for my values. And then my sweet partner started to convince me of how nice it is to celebrate our relationship. We still don’t do big gifts – preferring to focus on small things that are meaningful to us. But we do try to prioritize spending time together.
- Snack board night
- Movie marathon
- Cook dinner together
- Game night (board games, video games, card games)
- DIY cocktail or mocktail bar
- Indoor picnic
- Virtual museum or gallery tour
- Home spa day (massages, facials, etc.)
- Have a fondue night
- Create a vision board or bucket list
- Karaoke contest
- Decorate the house or make a craft
- Build a fort and have a sleepover
- Plan a dream vacation together.
Snack Board Night
This one is my favorite because it is an excuse to not cook dinner! We’ll grab whatever needs to be eaten from the fridge and put them all onto a tray! This usually looks like the last of our sandwich cheeses, the random handful of misc. veggies that we didn’t use, chocolates, candies, etc.
This one needs no explanation – it’s Valentine’s day we’re watching RomComs! And I am especially excited for Reese Witherspoons new movie “Your Place or Mine?” By setting intentionality binging on the couch becomes a way to connect. Put your phones away. Make this intentional time – remember the rule one screen at a time!
We absolutely love doing puzzles together! It’s a really fun way to relax and unwind. We’ve had good luck finding puzzles at thrift shops, our local buy nothing group, and Bookmans!
Virtual museum or gallery tour
Did you know there are dozens of museums that offer virtual tours? Huge museums like:
- The Louvre, Paris
- The British Museum, London
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
- The National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- The Vatican Museums, Rome
- The Museum of Modern Art, New York
- The National Museum of Natural History, Washington D.C.
- The Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam
- The Uffizi Gallery, Florence
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- The American Museum of Natural History, New York
- The Art Institute of Chicago
- The National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City
- The National Palace Museum, Taipei
- The National Museum of Australia, Canberra
Have a Spa Day
Having an at home spa day takes a little bit of extra intention to set a relaxing mood, but it is such a nice way to elevate an experience for your partner!
- Set the mood: Create a relaxing ambiance with soft lighting, scented candles, and soothing music.
- Prepare a spa menu: Choose treatments such as facials, massages, and body scrubs that you can do at home.
- Stock up on essentials: Ensure you have all the necessary products such as face masks, body oils, and bath salts.
- Take turns: Take turns giving each other massages or facials to make it a shared experience.
- Use a spa soundtrack: Play a spa soundtrack to create a relaxing atmosphere and help you unwind.
- Savor the moment: Savor the experience and make it a time to disconnect from technology and daily distractions.
- Hydrate: Don’t forget to drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- After-spa treat: End the spa day with a treat like fruit or herbal tea to refresh yourself.
Plan a dream vacation together
Dreaming about travel with your partner is a fun and important part of any relationship. It’s a chance to bond over shared experiences and plan exciting future adventures, even if they’re just in your imagination! Plus, you get to learn more about your partner’s likes and dislikes, which can deepen your connection. So, why not take some time to dream up your next big adventure together? It’s a great way to strengthen your bond and build a shared vision for the future.
These are all date ideas that I’m adding to our weekly date night! I’d love to know if you’re going to try any of these ideas!